Developer's description:The goal of the sdtcon project is to provide easy to configure, easy to use, secure remote and out of band access to systems and devices inside a private LAN or management network.
Sdtcon is a multi-platform application written in Java. It utilizes the Java Secure Channel (JSch) implementation of SSH2 to create SSH redirections (aka SSH tunnels) into the private network through the public Internet via an SSH gateway, as illustrated in this network diagram. A client on the local host is automatically connected to the remote host through the secure tunnel, often using an otherwise insecure protocol such as Telnet or VNC.
Uniquely, sdtcon has overcome a traditional limitation of SSH2 and allows you to tunnel UDP based protocols (such as DNS or Serial over LAN) -- see the Development and releases section below for further details. Another unique feature is sdtcon's ability to facilitate out-of-band access to your remote hosts should the primary path to your SSH gateway be unavailable or unreliable.
· sdtcon interoperates with any SSH2-compliant gateway, including machines running OpenSSH, and Opengear's secure device and console servers
· Strong encryption and authentication using JSch SSH2 implementation
· Public key and password authentication to the SSH gateway
· No limit of the number of gateways, hosts or services that can be configured
· No artificial limit on the number of hosts that can be accessed concurrently
· Very simple to configure and easy to use