Developer's description:FreeFileSync's interface is attractive and intuitive. Large buttons with tool tips guide users through each step of the process. Simply browse to the two folders you want to compare, click the Compare button, and FreeFileSync will tell you exactly how the folder contents differ. Files can be compared either by content or by size and date. Users can then sync the folders automatically or just move selected files manually between the folders. Syncing can update changes in both folders, create a mirror backup of one folder, or move all updated or changed files to one folder. Users can also create their own synchronization rules. Filters help users control which files are overwritten, ensuring that nothing important is lost.
· Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
· No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
· Subfolders are also synchronized, including empty folders.
· Network support.
· Lean & easy accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
· Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
· Focus on usability: Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle / Select folders via drag & drop / Last configuration and screen settings are saved automatically / Maintain and load different configurations by drag&drop, load-button or commandline / Double-click to show file in explorer / Copy & paste support to export file-lists / Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid / Right-click context menu / Progress indicators, status information and error reporting / Sort file-lists by name, size or date / Display statistical data: total filesizes, amount of bytes that will be transfered with the current settings.
· Easy configurable commandline mode for automated synchronization.
· Support for filesizes > 4 GB.
· Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
· Automatically ignore directories "RECYCLER" and "System Volume Information" when comparing and syncing.
· Localized German version available.
· Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages with large sync-operations.
· Based on wxWidgets framework => Portable to many operating systems.
· Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without re-compare!).
· Include/exclude specific files from synchronization manually.
· Create sync jobs via GUI to synchronize automatically (can be scheduled or executed directly).