Developer's description:Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox is a small multilingual utility which after approval automatically downloads and installs the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, and then immediately opens one or more websites.
It asks no difficult questions and does not show technical information or error messages and even works under the most restricted user accounts, so you can quickly use Firefox on any computer and also easily explain how to install Firefox to anyone else.
Since it always works and is very simple to use, you can include it on your website, so you do not have to code for non-standard compliant browsers anymore.
About Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox
Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox is a small multilingual utility developed by Utilu which after approval automatically downloads and installs the latest version of Mozilla Firefox, and then immediately opens one or more websites.
* It doesn’t ask the user difficult questions, doesn’t show technical information and gives no complicated error messages
* It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7
* It can be started from Internet Explorer 1.0 through 8.0
* It even works under the most restricted user accounts: if the rights of the user running Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox are not sufficient enough Firefox won’t be installed, but only extracted to a temporary directory. Because the website(s) are opened directly, the user won’t notice the difference
* It can open the website(s) immediately in the desired language
What does Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox do?
If the website with Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox is visited by someone with a browser like Internet Explorer, the visitor will see a message telling him or her to run the program if the visitor wants to be able to use all functionality of the website. Since it offers a very easy way to install Mozilla Firefox even inexperienced computer users and users with a restricted user account (so you know it’ll work for everyone), who otherwise wouldn’t get past the - for them difficult - questions the normal installer asks, can use Mozilla Firefox. Also it doesn’t only install Mozilla Firefox, but can also immediately open websites in it (like the website in Internet Explorer from which it was started).
So Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox allows web developers to require Mozilla Firefox. Any other web browser, like Google Chrome or Opera, is fine too, but note that Apple Safari can’t always be installed, because it requires Administrative privileges. By including Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox on their website web developers no longer have to waste hours and hours on problems which occur only in non-standard compliant browsers. For every website they can decide if they target all versions of Internet Explorer, or only older ones (for example only Internet Explorer version 1.0 through 7.0).
When a website which includes Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox is visited with a non-standard compliant browser, like Internet Explorer, the following happens:
* The user visits a website with a non-standard compliant browser (in which the website doesn’t work or look right)
* The website asks the user to launch Utilu Silent Setup for Mozilla Firefox
* If the user approves, Mozilla Firefox is installed automatically and opens the website in Mozilla Firefox, so the website looks and works exactly as intended by the web developer
This is just how Adobe Flash Player gets installed anywhere: Flash just says “click here to view this”, which results in Flash being installed. This works great, because Flash is not installed by default while the installed base of Flash is over 99% percent.